Thursday, November 6, 2008

in the midst

yesterday i went for the seminar on God's plan for pregnancy.
well, we're not planning for one now, maybe in a year or so.
i did'nt walked away feeling super recharged or having exciting revelations falling upon me, instead, i find the seminar quite boring.
pastor nerida walker shared on how her husband was sterile, and when they both refused to believe the doctor's report, she began to search the bible for answers.
and she went on to share on how she believed God for children, and now they have 4 healthy kids within 4 1/2 years!
God sure move fast for them, ha!
so why is it boring?
hmm, maybe i was expecting more?
i really don't know.
we know we will have kids, but practically speaking raising children in singapore is really expensive. so when she keep emphasizing to trust God for kids, i find myself thinking,
"yes! yes! but its very expensive you know?!"
and out of it, so subtly during the ending praise & worship,
He spoke right to my heart.
"I will provide. I will provide".
with these 3 words, a sure assurance is set right.
it is in the midst of our trouble, that i am more than a conqueror through Christ.
in the midst of trials and tribulations, He still loves me.
in the midst of my confusion, His word is a lamp upon my feet.
in the midst of my lack, He will provide.

No comments: