Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I'm not an auntie, I'm just being eco-friendly

So, working in the gardens has somewhat made me more conscious of being in sync with Mother Nature. With all the talk of going green, being green (not you Hulk) and the 3Rs- Reuse, Reduce and Recycle going on, it seems that I do subconsciously make an effort to do it.

Like if I'm going to the supermarket, I'll try to use my shopping bag instead of plastic bags, and whatever plastic bottles that are used, I'll try to dump it into the recycling bin. And also, I'm mindful of not wasting paper, hee but it's a little hard as we need to do quite a bit of paper work in the office. So if I need to print anything thats not important, I'll use a used paper to print it.

And just this morning, I even took my lunchbox to pack my takeaway instead of the usual styrofoam boxes. Good job! Ha!

Overall I do feel a little better about doing my part and knowing that somewhere, a square feet of the earth is being protected by my miniscule effort.

No comments: