Thursday, June 16, 2011

I do love you

My son Benjamin is at this stage where he's so cute and cuddly and fun to play with. He eats well, sleeps well, drinks well, walks well, plays very well and is generally an easy baby to look after. He is not into toys but rather the shiny plastic and packaging that comes with it. He likes to play with the pots and pans, gets excited at ceiling fans, knows when we want to bring him out for walks, will sit when we tells him to (very much sounding like a puppy here), and goes ballistic when he sees you holding onto any kind of food.

He will drop whatever he's doing, toddle over to us, and if I'm feeling generous that day, I will asked him to go sit on the sofa and give him some bites of whatever I'm eating. Or either that, he will automatically walked over to the sofa and plonk himself on it. This is his cue for us to feed him whatever we're eating. Will cry heaven and earth if we ignore him.

His vocabulary has increased to star, scared (and doing the patting on his heart action), no more and sshhh (finger on lips). He can somewhat call my mother-in-law nai nai, but somehow it comes out as nei nei. I don't know, whatever makes her happy, ha.

And as a working mum now, its so so difficult to leave him in the mornings. Just this morning as I was preparing to leave for work, my husband came out of the room carrying him. He said that he's hungry (the son, not the husband) and asked me to make the milk. So when we went back to the room to feed him, I kissed him goodbye and walked away. As I closed the door, I could hear him whining and started to cry (the son, not the husband).

At that moment, my heart felt so sad. I almost start to tear myself too. So I went back in, sat with him for a while and kissed him goodbye again, This time, I made sure his eyes were closed before leaving. Sigh!!! I felt like a thief!

Before he grows up too big and strong for me to carry him, I want to make sure I give him kisses as much as possible and to tell him many I love yous everyday!

don't pack your stuff too early boy. give me 18 years first before you fly!

No comments: