Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When one gets down, the way up is to look at the beauty around them. So says I

I'm going to be vain and post my daily outfits here afterall. Hopefully it will spur me up to dress better and crack my brains on how to shop out of my wardrobe which consists of 3 clothes rack (fyi, my husband has only 1). Although I'm not sure if I'll follow through with it everyday, depends on my outfits!


top: Gmarket
belt: from somewhere
jeans: New Future
flats: Gmarket

*****

Okay vanity aside, I've been feeling quite down. The question of happiness popped in my head yesterday when I was on the way home after work. It came out of nowhere and jolted me up straight. It kept questioning me if I'm really happy.

Happiness is such a subjective term. How do you define happiness anyway. When you're thirsty and you gulped down an ice cold coke, you feel happy. When you finally met your favourite idol, you feel happy. When you snatched that last pair of shoes that was on sale from another mad woman's clutches, you feel happy and a sense of triump to add onto it. And perhaps when you finally pooped after 2 weeks of constipation, you feel happy too.

hap·pi·ness   

–noun
1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.
Happiness results from the possession or attainment of what one considers good.
(as define by Dictionary.com)

For me, happiness is more of being in the moment. That moment when I woke at 2am this morning and realised I still have another 4 hours more of sleep, I am happy. That moment when my bus and I arrived at the same time at the bus stop, I am happy. The moment when I held a $1000 note in my hands, I was happy until I had to return it. Or that one time I tried on a pair of Christian Louboutins shoes and was walking around the store till the sales assistant kept giving me dirty looks and I had to take it off, I was happy.

I don't know about you, but I get my happiness in short moments. Which means I can be unhappy and miserable for a long time before my shot of happiness comes. And when it does comes, I am only happy till I remember I have to face certain ongoing struggles, then I get all moody and depressed again. What can I say?! I wear my heart on my sleeves.

But! I am working my way towards to being a better person. I am striving to contain my emotions and being contented in my happy state for a longer period of time. Through enjoying my family time, fueling my current obsession with style blogs and my trying attempts at it, heh. And if all else fails, at least I still have him for my happiness rush.

my happiness index

No comments: