Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I don't think so

My husband reckons I have a problem.

You see, every night, its my job to put my son to sleep. We'll go into the room, hopped onto the bed and then he'll start rolling around and sing and talk before falling asleep on his own. My part? It's to lay beside him and 'encourage' him to sleep. And by 'encourage', I meant lying down and closing my eyes to stimulate real sleeping. But my son doesn't gets it.

And more often than not, much to the husband's dismay, I'll end up really sleeping. And sometimes (my husband will tell you its everytime), I would fall asleep before my son does. True story.

So now, I have a problem of 'sleeping', not like I need any help here though. Anyone has stories to share?

I'll leave you with a video of him trying to say Peace and doing the Peace sign. Hee, I recently taught him how to pose it for the camera.



P.S: He has learnt how to ask for water on the pretext of trying to get out of the room in order to bid for more time. No one taught him that, definitely not me. I would be asleep by then.

6 comments:

my thrifty closet said...

your son is very cute, I fall asleep all the time too while putting my son to sleep. My hubby had to drag me out of my son's bed ha..when you need to sleep, just sleep

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

life-muse said...

LOL... but sometimes I feel just a teeny weeny bad for falling asleep especially if he's waiting for me in the living room, haha...

Susan said...

Haha I'm guilty of that too. But hey come'on it's tough being a mom and we need our beauty sleep.

life-muse said...

Yeah man! Now he calls me Sleeping Beauty, literally the sleeping part, LOL..

Ruth said...

Haha, I fall asleep while trying to put my boy to sleep too! I'll tell my hubby to come in about half hour later to wake me up, or else I'll end up sleeping there for the night!

life-muse said...

LOL... I guess I can safely say I'm not the only one! Must show my husband all your comments haha