Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Zumba apparently is not a place, its an exercise

When I was in my teens and early twenties, I used to gobble down junk food like potato chips, chocolates, sweets as if they were my main meals. I could wolf down large portions of fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, eat instant noodles for fun, have sugar loaded drinks to quench my thirst and it seems like my stomach was trying to catch up with my metabolism rate.

Now that I've grown ahem a little more mature in my age, its the total opposite. My metabolism rate is no longer chugging along like the express train and my stomach has finally caught up by compensating it with a wider girth. And the flabby tummy after 2 child birth does not help at all.

Although I do not indulge myself with junk food or sugary drinks that much anymore, any main meals I eat now makes me full very fast. I do try to choose a wide variety of healthy options like soup, noodles, vegetables, fish, fruits and I drink lots of water too. So why oh why?

I am starting to exercise by swimming once a week, climbing stairs whenever possible and walking whenever possible too. Baby steps ya.

So to conclude, do I really have to Zumba now?

No comments: