Wednesday, October 29, 2014

First

Anyone who knows my first born aka Benjamin knows he is a cheerful and chatty little boy. He is also warm, sensible, easy-going and generally a happy kid. I had it so easy with him that when my second kid aka Jeb came along, I thought it was end of the world. #dramaticbuttrue

I just love hanging out with Benjamin. He makes me laugh, makes me happy and it truly makes me feel so thankful that he is in my life. There are trying times since he tends to be on the sensitive side and gives up too easily, but I always remind myself that his good always outweighs those.

One of the many that I'll remember are the times when I had to nurse a newborn Jeb in the room and Benjamin would just play by himself in the living room for an hour without disturbing us. An hour! Or the times when I had to bring Jeb for his sleep and all has to real quiet in case any tiniest hint of a whisper wakes him up, Benjamin would come in the room and before I could barely open my mouth to shush him, he would look at me and said, "Mama I will be quiet. I will play quietly, I just want to be with you." 

Cue rolling tears please. 




















He'll be turning 5 real soon and he's so looking forward to it being an official big boy and attending K1 next year. And these days, all I hear from him is, "Mama when I turn five years old, you must buy me a big train ok? A big Thomas, a big Gordon and a big Emily. Ok Mama? Ok?"

Sigh. 

It is so true that children grow up wayyyyyy too fast and in a blink of an eye, they're all fully grown and that just makes me...... old? Haha..

I just wanna kiss his squishy cheeks forever and ever. Or as Mariah Carey sings it right on the spot, Always be my baby.

No comments: